Saturday Seven: Auto-Read Authors


Hosted by Long and Short Reviews


One of the most frustrating things for me is to know one of my favorite authors has a new book coming out and not remembering when so I can put it on hold at the library. As much as I would love to be able to buy all the books from all the authors I love, I just can't do it. But, my library has a wonderful program - an auto-add list. You can get a list of the most popular authors and check off the ones that you would like to be added to the hold list whenever a new book comes out. Here are seven of the authors that are on my list (and their newest/upcoming books):

1. J.D. Robb - Dark Death (cheating on this one a bit, because I just checked it out...and it's already promising to be as good as the rest!)
2. Karin Slaughter - Pieces of Her - a long wait on this one! It's scheduled to be released in July.
3. Lisa Jackson - Liar, Liar - another long way... a June release.
4. Stephen King - The Outsider - due out in May.
5. Dean Koontz - The Crooked Staircase - also out in May. I'm really looking forward to this one, it's the third book in the Jane Hawk series. I recently finished The Whispering Room (2nd book) which came out in November.

6. Alan Bradley - The Grave's a Fine and Private Place (a Flavia de Luce book) - this is out already; I'm just waiting for my name to come up!
7. Cassandra Clare - Queen of Air and Darkness - a VERY long wait on this one. It's not due out until December. sigh.

How about you? Who are some of your auto-read authors?

Join Saturday Seven and play along with us. Just click on the banner!

Comments

  1. Oh, I have the exact same problem!

    My list of auto-reads is ever-evolving, but it always includes Margaret Atwood, Robert J. Sawyer, J.K. Rowling, and Sarah Waters.

    I'm horribly behind on Stephen King books. One of these days I really need to catch up on what he's been working on.

    This is my Saturday Seven post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up "Dark in Death" from my library -- can't wait to dig in. Karin Slaughter is still on my s**t list for killing the husband a few books ago. I haven't forgiven her for that and likely never will, and so have read nothing by her since then, lol. Yeah, grudges, I can hold them. Very much looking forward to Cassandra Clare's next book (but not as much as the kid, who's all but frothing at the mouth). Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of yours I know; some I don't. Thanks for the list. I use a wonderful site called fictfact.com to keep track of what I've read and what's coming up. Love it. They mostly handle series though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment